Interior Designer visualize and create internal space design blueprints based on customer budgets and goals. In the formulation of design plans, they use space, color and movement that are both practical and esthetically pleasing.
Interior designers should maintain good interpersonal skills, explain their inspiration for design, and communicate with confidence. Be vigilant of candidates lacking passion for design or failing to articulate their theory of design. So, below are few Interior Designer Interview Questions you need to prepare for to bag the job.
25 Interior Designer Interview Questions
- How can you design small spaces?
- When designing a room what is the most important factor for you?
- How to fit bookshelves in a small space?
- What wood will you prefer for designing?
- What is a good way of using lights in your room?
- How can you use the space in your balcony or veranda for garden?
- Explain what is professional liability insurance for interior designers cover?
- Explain how you handle customs work to fit?
- As an interior designer what questions you will ask to the client?
- Explain what is the difference between interior design and interior decoration?
- Mention what are the tools does an interior designer takes help?
- What is QuickBook Accounting for Interior designer?
- Mention some of the popular and widely used software for interior designing
- List out some of the best App available in the market for interior designing?
- Mention some of the areas apart from traditional areas where you can apply interior design and specialize yourself?
- Explain what is Practice Act for Designer?
- As an interior design which are the firms you can use your skill as an individual?
- Explain what is permitting statue for Interior design?
- List out some of the magazines which can be helpful for designer professional?
- What are the things you have to take care while designing?
- Also, what is the role of kitchen designer?
- Thus, mention some of the modern glass types used in interior designing?
- So, what types of countertop materials you can use to design a kitchen?
- Further, what is the basic type of lightning does an designer follows?
- So, walk me through your design process. Where do you start?