In Dell EMC’s Infrastructure Solutions Group, the server storage engineering team develops storage products. The role is closely linked to most development organizations. So, it includes platforms, OS teams, management systems, hard drives, and storage enclosures.
In Dell’s data storage department, we contribute and set the technical. Also, design direction for a storage subsystem. We are responsible for implementing it in the broader server and storage product lines. It involves identifying functionality, implementing and enhancing development processes. Checking for compliance, isolating and fixing faults, launching manufacturing. Resolving design issues encountered in the field.
- Perform activities necessary
- Take a design from concept to production
- Include: architecture definition, schematic reviews,
- design reviews, feature implementation,
- debug, test, issue resolution and factory support.
- Lead an engineering team throughout the product life cycle
- Set the technical standard for the team.
- Drive product issues to closure with true root cause and a strong sense of urgency and ownership
- Partner and work across organizations and sites to ensure success in the business
- Exert influence cross-functionally to meet goals and support the team
- Interaction with extended teams locally and at other Dell Development centers worldwide
- Solution level knowledge of firmware; device drivers; server and storage management strategies; and application of experience in an enterprise development team with ability to drive complex technical issues to root cause.
- Candidate should have solid working knowledge of PCI-e, SAS, SATA, and SCSI protocols. Prior experience with high availability storage subsystems is highly desirable.
- Expertise with industry-standard storage testing tools
- Create and maintain reusable testing data sets, test units, and lab infrastructure
- Create, plan, analyze, update, and execute test strategy for test cases, projects, regressions, or automated testing
- Identify, record, analyze, and track defects encountered during testing
- Provide detailed information for replication of discovered issues
- Create and execute tests, including: identifying pre-conditions, data setup, assumptions, document test steps and expected results
- Experience with virtual environments (VMs)
- Thus, experience with source control software
- Experience with Test Management Tools (Qmetry experience preferred)
- High attention to detail
- Must have good analytical and organizational skills
- Possess a positive attitude in stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced
- Agile environment with frequent software releases
- So, have the ability to adapt to and work with numerous functional organizations
- Also, the candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- So, demonstrate commitment to quality
Thus, we offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
So, our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. Thus, it’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Also, our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Thus, Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. So, we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. Also, we inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. So, we also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. Thus, we can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Server Storage Senior System Development Engineer on our Server Storage team in Bangalore.
So, the Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Thus, working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics. Also, all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE FOR MORE PVT JOBS