In 2005, the Times Group launched Mumbai Mirror, a city-centered tabloid newspaper. Three other Mirrors launched in Pune, Ahmedabad, and Bengaluru cities followed.
Mumbai Mirror is IRS 2017’s fifth-largest read newspaper and English newspaper’s largest single edition. The company is considered to be the city’s spokesperson and to have an influence on the different social causes it takes up. Different brand properties reflect its ethos of celebrating the good and challenging the bad, including the 2016 INMA award-winning Mirror Girls Soccer League and Mumbai, Pune & Ahmedabad Heroes showcasing the’ Heroes’ among ordinary people. Often noted for its numerous projects is the Mirror Tribes, a communication site for passions.
About the Times Group Position
The role of Mirror brands across India is critical to the development of a strong brand and profitable business. Multiple stakeholders–internal teams and external partners–will need interactions to deliver on the KRAs. With a diverse set of executive agencies, the person should be able to manage multiple projects.
Areas of Responsibility
Execute Brand IPs
- So, responsible for the brand extension into monetizable IPs – medium to large formats
- Also, conceptualize and develop IP formats and concept presentations
- Further, work closely with event management agencies to conceptualize and execute brand activities
- Also, develop & deploy content and media plan
- Further, monitor the execution of assigned projects and ensure a prompt delivery in relation to the overall marketing schedule
- Moreover, identify growth opportunities in relation to new products
- Also, based on the market environment, company business priorities and sound consumer insights.
- Further, monitor competitive activities, brand health, and brand share.
- Also, Propose action to defend against competitive initiatives.
- Thus, act as a business manager for the assigned markets
- And, identify opportunities to improve business performance on parameters like profitability and revenues
- Also, Assist the manager in developing brand communication
- advertising agencies on assigned projects within assigned areas
- Further, Drive the digital/social mandate
- the brand needs to drive salience with the audience
- Moreover, Develop campaigns
- lead the media deployment of the same
- Also, Monitor city by city brand activities
- develop city level marketing campaigns and partnerships as needed
- Further, work closely with media agencies, radio, and outdoor partners
- generate brand buzz and visibility
So, Work in close cooperation with the editorial team. Also, provide brand values for product champions as well.
Educational Qualifications Required
Further, the candidate must have completed an MBA or equivalent and have a cumulative experience of 6-9 years in marketing and brand functions. In particular, the individual should have:
- Also, excellent execution ability across large events
- managing working with multiple agencies
- Further, considerable knowledge of managing medium
- form large format IPs
- Thus, have the ability for creative ideation
- Ideas on properties and brand initiatives
- High process orientation with a focus on deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Sound knowledge of new media –
- digital and social media strategy -and partnerships
- Capacity to work in cross-functional teams effectively
- Ability and desire to challenge the status quo
- to bring about change and changes in the long term
- Ability to work with unstructured briefs of projects