HDFC Bank Ltd was promoted in the year 1994 by the premier housing finance company of the country, HDFC Ltd. The Bank commenced operations as a Scheduled Commercial Bank in January 1995. Today the Bank has a nationwide network of over 4,787 branches and 12,635 ATMs in 2,691 cities/towns. The Banks American Depository Shares (ADS) are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and the Global Depository Receipts (GDRs) are listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange. The Bank has been bestowed with numerous awards and accolades from top national and international agencies & magazines.
HDFC Bank comprises of a dynamic and enthusiastic team determined to accomplish the vision of becoming a World-class Indian bank. Our business philosophy is based on our four core values – Customer Focus, Operational Excellence, Product Leadership and People. We believe that the ultimate identity and success of our bank will reside in the exceptional quality of our people and their extraordinary efforts. We are committed to the hiring, developing, motivating and retaining the best people in the industry The Bank’s objective is to build sound business franchises across distinct businesses so as to be a preferred provider of banking services for target retail and wholesale customer segments. We are committed to healthy growth in profitability while ensuring the highest levels of ethical standards, professional integrity, corporate governance, and regulatory compliance
To manage at Bank level, the functioning of the multiple units of CMS Payments which are critical to the Bank in terms of business and also in terms of regulatory compliance. and are growth areas in Banking. The products supported by the Disbursement units are diverse and include –
- Bulk DD/Chq Printing,
- EOD Sweeps,
- Escrow Operations
- ACH/APBS and Bulk A/c Credits
- Vostro INR Remittances.
Each of the products is independently managed by the respective Team Leaders and involves the processing of large volumes and compliance of various regulations prescribed by RBI and NPCI thereby requiring continuous monitoring/implementation of controls at each step by the Unit Head.
Summary of the General Nature of the Job
Ensure smooth functioning of all the departments under disbursement, adherence to processes and Compliance, and maintain the TATs and client servicing standards.
- Understand the client needs and provide appropriate resolution
- Resource management
- To do effective bench-marking of all the products vis-à-vis offerings by competition and ensure that we have the best of the features available with us
- To meet new clients / existing clients along with various business teams for understanding & meeting dynamic client requirements
- Liaison with regulatory bodies, NPCI, Branch Control Unit, Audit, Compliance, Legal, External Legal Counsels (for escrow agreement drafting) and to ensure compliance
- Description of the broad function and scope of the position
- To provide proper guidance and solutions to the problems/queries of the team
- Team building with effective leadership
- Self-driven & Contributor towards cost savings