The Service Delivery Readiness function within the Unified Communications and Connectivity (UCC) product practice is responsible for the successful delivery of products/services in line with Vodafone’s product roadmap and strategy. The primary goal of this function is to ensure the proposed service design is fit for purpose and can be rolled out at an enterprise-level spanning across Sell, Build and Operate business functions within Vodafone Group, Local Markets, and Partner Markets. The activities include accessing the proposed service design, engage with stakeholders across the business, govern the operations readiness testing and track defects unto resolution as part of the project plan to ensure successful roll-out of the products/services into respective the markets. Another key responsibility is to ensure Vodafone’s Enterprise customers are on-boarded (early adopters) onto these new products/services by handholding operations for the first two customers post-go-live. Hence enhancing Customer Experience becomes a key driver for all activities/projects undertaken.
Key engagement touchpoints will be: Central Service Design, EnterpriseIT, Operational Users, Project Management, Service Architects and Product Managers
The role of the team leader will be to enable the team on all dimensions (skill, strategy, roadmap, etc) to be able to perform their responsibilities and deliver projects on time, with desired quality and agreed cost and KPI’s. The team leader will spend 25% of their time on people management related activities like development, goal setting, performance discussion, annual appraisals, mentoring, assisting with removing roadblocks on projects, resource allocation, managing leaves and absence, KPI reporting, etc. The remaining 75% of the time, the team lead will own projects at hand and will be performing all the deliverables of a Service Delivery Readiness manager.
- Manage the end – end design adoption &delivery of services and solutions into markets (VGE, Local Vodafone OpCos and partner Markets). Ensure products and solutions are fit for purpose and ready for service (supportable)
- Management of service/solution transition to in-life operational teams and market rollout, and continuous service improvement activities can take place.
- Be the feedback loop from Operations to Service Architecture and Service Design on what is working and what is not working and recommend improvements service.
- Identifying areas that we can improve to uplift customer experience with launched products.
- Consolidate and Manage cost-to-serve metrics and operational KPI’s on the markets (already operational or) being deployed.
- Track and manage service delivery activities (risks, issues, actions). Self- sufficient to resolve most of the localisation issues when rolling out in markets
- Recommend improvements in Service Delivery Readiness to support ORT by applying Agile methodology
- Define KPI’s, means of measurement and review the same in regular service review meetings with customer/stakeholders
- Maintain optimum levels of skillsets within the team to cater to the upcoming/existing demands from business
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience
- Strong project management or delivery management background in a service provider environment with a proven record of accomplishment of success.
- Proven experience in the transition of telecom services to in-life support for larger enterprise customers/products/services. IT and Customer Operations experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to identify areas of inefficiencies in current working models and define & articulate improvements
- Financial knowledge: budget, business case, cost-to-serve.
- Ability to communicate complex messages in a simple way in a multicultural environment both management and working level.
- Proven leadership experience managing a size of 10+ teams of highly motivated and mature individuals
- Work in a shared services environment delivering the services with a dotted line into the service owners in Vodafone Group and work on cross-functional initiatives and transformation where a common business benefit is realized back into Vodafone as an organization.
- Dotted responsibility for managing dependencies on other UCC project deliverables by other project stakeholders (e.g. Technology Architects and Service Designers).
- Direct responsibility of coordination of external supplier teams that involved in the design and/or delivery of service capabilities.