WhatsApp is looking for an experienced director of communications to lead the communications efforts of the company in India. The successful candidate will be responsible for building the communication strategy to communicate with friends and family about the love people have for using private messaging. My position will support the growing business products we develop and educate people on key privacy and security features, particularly end-to-end encryption.
We are looking for leaders in India with a proven record of building national and regional programs. The successful candidate should also carry in deep relationships with media and opinion leaders with proven experience in conducting high-profile, innovative campaigns, and coping with internationally relevant corporate and public affairs issues. This is a hands-on job with substantial day-to-day responsibilities and an opportunity for WhatsApp to develop a communications business in one of the largest countries.
This position is based in Delhi and will report to the Menlo Park, California-based Global Head of Communications.
Communications Director Responsibilities
- So, develop, lead and execute communications strategies and initiatives
- Thus, it is to support WhatsApp products, monetization, and policy efforts in India
- Further, drive positive coverage across a broad range of media,
- Thus, it includes consumer, business to reflect the joy people
- Also, have in using private messaging, its impact for local businesses, and the importance of privacy and security for all users
- Lead hands on education of reporters, editors, bloggers, analysts and other influencers about core WhatsApp products, values, and initiatives
- Counsel cross-functional partners in policy, legal, marketing, and other groups within the company on a broad set of communications matters ranging from media engagement strategy to crisis management
- Have a deep understanding and knowledge of India
- Manage agency support in India
- Organize press briefings, media sessions, events, prepare briefing materials and manage executive spokespeople
- So, exemplary verbal and written communication skills is needed.
- Also, strong people and managerial skills is needed to be able to work with people at all levels
- Thus, it is in different geographies and manage a wide variety of stakeholders
- Also, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Further, ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Thus, have ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully
- Also, experience of complex policy issues on a national and international basis
- Further, have passion for WhatsApp
- Also, have the ability for people to communicate privately is essential
- So, a minimum bachelors’ degree
- Also, have a post-graduate or professional degrees
- Further, have 15+ years professional experience, both agency and in-house